Facts on Bedford
- Bedford is the second most densely populated city in Texas with 5,000 people per square mile.
- 47% of our city residents live in high density residential developments.
- There are over 35 high density residential developments in Bedford.
- Bedford has over 8200 apartment units, that is a density of over 820 per square mile.
- High density residential places added burdens on police, fire, ems and schools.
- High density developments decrease home values by 14%
- Much of our valuable street frontage has been taken up by high density development leaving no space for future business growth.
- Bedford has less than 3% of it's land remaining for development.
- Bedford desperately needs more businesses to generate more sales tax to help sustain our city services.
- We do not have land to waste on more high density developments.
- This is not a new issue. Bedford citizens have been against more high density development for over 30 years.
- Many of our current council members ran for election on the promise of No More Apartments.
- They say we need more millennial's, but it seems they are ignoring the 10,000+ already living in Bedford. That is 1 out of every 5 residents.
- We do not need more people we need more business generating sales tax revenue.
We Need Your Help
The Save Bedford group is proceeding with having a legally binding zoning ordinance change drafted by an attorney who specializes in these matters. This zoning ordinance will change the density requirements for development in the City of Bedford to prevent high density developments on the remaining undeveloped land in this city and preserve it for future economic development.
Please contribute to our GoFundMe campaign.